Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Kirsten Dunst Copes With Her Depression


Spiderman's leading lady, Kirsten Dunst, is coming out and talking about her stint in Utah’s Cirque Lodge.

It wasn't for alcohol or drugs. It was for depression. Kudos to you, Kirsten. You could have become an alcoholic or drug user and chose to self-medicate, but instead you chose to do the right thing and get help.

Kirsten Dunst did not enter a treatment center in February for substance abuse, but rather for depression.

"I didn't go to Cirque Lodge for alcohol abuse or drug abuse," she tells E!. "I went there for depression."

"I was struggling, and I had the opportunity to go somewhere and take care of myself,” she says. “I was fortunate to have the resources to do it. My friends and family thought it was a good idea, too, but I didn't know where to go. My doctor recommended Cirque Lodge."

Source

No comments: